Journaling for Berks History
Journaling is a fun and simple way to contribute to the heritage of Berks County. Historians, researchers, genealogists and archivists use written documents to gather information and understand the past. Personal journals, over time, can become truely valuable historical resources, providing clues to future generations about what life was like during a specific period of time.
Community Historian Journaling Prompts
As the global COVID-19 epidemic continues to affect our daily lives, take some time to reflect and journal about your unique experiences living here in Berks County during this time.
- Describe your daily routine and schedule: What did you do today? Who did you talk to?
- How has your life changed today compared to yesterday? A week ago? A month ago?
- How is being at home different from your normal schedule?
- What is the most challenging thing about this time?
- What are you enjoying about this time?
- How have your relationships changed in the past few weeks?
- How have your views or beliefs changed?
- What have you learned that you did not know before?
- What are your hopes for the future?